In a world where everyone can automate, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best automation engineers in the technology world. You’ll see first-hand the nuts and bolts of Cortex Intelligent Automation.
Experienced, passionate about what you do, and looking to develop your career? Please see our current vacancies and opportunities to join our team below.
Enterprise Sales Executive – Remote and mobile
Location: Western Europe
The person who fills this role will be a highly articulate and literate person with experience and gravitas to command attention and respect at many levels in large prospect organisations. Able to operate as easily at board level as with the technical sponsors, this individual will thrive on external competition and excel in challenging high-value environments. The individual should have deep experience in establishing and presenting value-based propositions of intangible, preferably software, solutions. The focus is new business generation in collaboration with strategic partners and sales execution into net new business customers initially Telco and IT opportunities, broadening to a wider market including Banking, Financial Services and Insurance.
The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, success-oriented individual with extensive experience in large deal generation and closing. Experience in coordinating strategic partners and managing channel conflict will be a distinct advantage. They will have a ready portfolio of senior contacts in large IT organisations and experience of collaborating with business partners to create and close value propositions. They will be a self-starter, with a can-do attitude and be able to operate effectively within a growing organisation with a low touch.
The ideal candidate will have a recent background in big-ticket complex enterprise software sales working with both the lines of business and IT through, with and in collaboration with, strategic partners. They will have a good understanding of complex technologies and leading-edge developments in automation and AI.
The employee’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Generating own business leads from personal contacts, research and strategic partners.
- Qualifying assigned business leads
- Presenting and Promoting Cortex solution benefits to clients directly and with strategic partners.
- Creating and presenting business cases, and other supporting documentation to clients.
- Negotiating beneficial contractual terms for usage rights to the software solutions
- Diligently following sales methodologies and processes to create opportunities
- Providing feedback on new market opportunities to management and product marketing
- Maximising available resources in collaboration with management, peers and ecosystem partners.
- Establishing and maintaining virtual client-facing teams to ensure successful customer engagement.
- Deploying appropriately skilled and qualified resources from both Cortex and our strategic partners to achieve successful Proof of Value, or evaluations of Cortex Intelligent Automation
- Maintaining an up to date business pipeline and deal funnel in CRM
- Maintaining opportunity, company, contact and activity records in CRM
- Maintaining knowledge of the Automation and AI market, and the latest developments and trends.
- Maintaining current competitive and market opportunity knowledge
- Creating and executing on a partner engagement plan for specifically agreed target business partners
- Participating in marketing and promotional events where required
- Agree and work to clear target and objectives with your line manager
- Understand and exhibit behaviour in support of the company vision, mission and values of Integrity, Innovation, Empowerment and Collaboration.
- Operate at all times within appropriate ethical and moral boundaries.
Graduate Developer – Office Based or Remote
The Cortex Product Development Team requires 3 additional graduate developers to join us on the exciting journey of creating the next generation of our Cortex Intelligent Automation platform.
The ideal candidates will be talented, flexible, enthusiastic UK-based individuals recently graduated from University, or unhappy in their first role and looking for a change.
- Display a passion for software development
- Want to develop quickly
- Be happy working across the full software life-cycle and technology stack
- Will enjoy working as part of an established Scrum team in a fast-paced ambitious business, and
- Want to make a difference in all they do!
The Cortex platform is used to automate processes ranging from fault management in telecoms environments to IT process automation for clients in the financial sector.
The core engine of the current platform is layered on a real-time expert system development and runtime environment called “G2”, but the platform also includes components built using a number of other Microsoft and web technologies, and the team are currently hard at work building the next generation of the platform from the ground up using .Net Core and a distributed, scalable, highly available microservices architecture, managed and deployed on Microsoft Service Fabric.
The successful applicant will get exposure to all of the following and more:
- Microsoft Service Fabric
- .Net Core/Framework
- ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC/WebAPI
Enjoy helping to frequently and regularly ship quality, valuable software to our Customers.
Other responsibilities include participation in:
- Scrum development team, including:
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review (including demonstrating features to stakeholders)
- Sprint Retrospective (including facilitation)
- Feature refinement including:
- Capturing requirements
- Verifying requirements
- Validating requirements
- Estimating effort
- Full stack development across all layers and tiers of our software product:
- Workflow engine
- Web Applications
- Full life-cycle development
- Test driven development using Pair Programming
- Assistance to the Pre-Sales/Consultancy/Solutions Delivery teams including:
- Refinement of work
- Estimating effort
- Delivering work
- Assistance to the Service Desk team including:
- Triage of incidents
- Identifying workarounds
- Identifying hot fixes
- Identifying problems
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to the development team processes and toolsets
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to our Cortex platform
- Knowledge sharing between:
- Product Development team
- Other Cortex teams
- Keeping technical knowledge up-to-date
- Passing Professional Scrum Developer exam
- Passing selected Microsoft Accreditation(s)