Faster, Smarter, Better. That’s the challenge facing CSPs and the telecommunications industry today. Intelligent automation is how they’ll be able to successfully overcome it. Here, we outline some of the top drivers for CSPs and how Intelligent Automation software can provide the solution:
5 Challenges Facing Communication Service Providers
- New competitors and new types of competition, such as OTT players, are causing high levels of customer churn for telecommunications companies. Without the baggage of legacy infrastructure, and free of significant regulatory requirements, these new competitors are more agile, able swiftly to identify and address customer needs. Automation – of service definition, service design and service provisioning processes – enables CSPs to build agility at all levels of their business to increase their own agility in response.
New Technologies & New Services
- Technology evolution is enabling new types of service to customers: 5G’s network slicing will deliver different capabilities depending upon a number of traffic characteristics, including latency, bandwidth, and QoS. CSPs are increasingly turning to automation technologies to ensure a consistent, standardised configuration of these services, and to dynamically modify service configuration in response to network events to fully utilise the available capacity and capabilities of the network and to deliver against the target SLAs; at the same time, automation helps reduce the need to maintain high numbers of staff skilled in each and every technical domain.
Customer Satisfaction & Communication Expectation
- Customers increasingly expect high quality, low cost services from all their business interactions, and they are quick to change when these expectations are not met. Automation can ensure right-first-time processes that complete at machine speed, impressing customers leading to reduced churn and increased demand.
Cost Pressures in the Telecoms Industry
- Many CSPs, including Swisscom, Deutsche Telecom, Telstra and Vodafone, have publicly announced their intentions to reduce costs by reducing headcount. Automation allows CSPs to deliver more, with better quality and substantially lower staff costs.
Intelligent Automation Use Cases in Telecommunication
Cortex Intelligent Automation is an essential tool for digital transformation in the telecommunications sector. Our software has been used by CSPs to address many issues in service provisioning and has delivered amazing results for organisations of all sizes:
- In service provisioning, it has reduced provisioning time to just minutes, reduced billing errors by 13% and enabled redeployment of all staff
- In customer satisfaction, it has helped reduce call agent Average Handling Time by 96%, increased in-call issue resolution rates to 84%, and enabled an 80% headcount reduction
- In service assurance, it has delivered ROI in excess of 300%, autonomously healing 98% of reported incidents and allowing a CSP to close 3 NOCs and improved service availability to 99.993%.
Make Adopting Automation Simple With Digital Evolution
For CSPs, the risk and resource needed to implement an automation transformation can make them hesitate to embrace the project. That’s where Cortex can provide a simple solution: Digital Evolution.
Digital Evolution is an alternative, strategic approach to an overall Digital Transformation – reducing risk and upfront investments as organisations can prioritise areas of operations to automate. For the telecoms industry, it’s the perfect methodology to ensure stakeholder buy-in and increase confidence in the automation project, in-turn giving the project the best chance of success. Learn more about Digital Evolution, here, or book a free discovery session with our team today.
Request your free Automation Discovery Session
Just send us your details below: