That’s the challenge facing CSPs today. Intelligent automation is how they’ll be able to successfully overcome it. Here, we outline some of the top drivers for CSPs
- New competitors and new types of competition, such as OTT players, are causing high levels of customer churn. Without the baggage of legacy infrastructure, and free of significant regulatory requirements, these new competitors are more agile, able swiftly to identify and address customer needs. Automation – of service definition, service design and service provisioning processes – enables CSPs to build agility at all levels of their business to increase their own agility in response.
New Technologies, New Services
- Technology evolution is enabling new types of service to customers: 5G’s network slicing will deliver different capabilities depending upon a number of traffic characteristics, including latency, bandwidth, and QoS. CSPs are increasingly turning to automation technologies to ensure a consistent, standardised configuration of these services, and to dynamically modify service configuration in response to network events to fully utilise the available capacity and capabilities of the network and to deliver against the target SLAs; at the same time, automation helps reduce the need to maintain high numbers of staff skilled in each and every technical domain.
- Customers increasingly expect high quality, low cost services from all their business interactions, and they are quick to change when these expectations are not met. Automation can ensure right-first-time processes that complete at machine speed, impressing customers leading to reduced churn and increased demand.
- Many CSPs, including Swisscom, Deutsche Telecom, Telstra and Vodafone, have publicly announced their intentions to reduce costs by reducing headcount. Automation allows CSPs to deliver more, with better quality and substantially lower staff costs.
Cortex Intelligent Automation has been used by CSPs to address these issues and has delivered amazing results:
- In service provisioning, it has reduced provisioning time to just minutes, reduced billing errors by 13% and enabled redeployment of all staff
- In customer satisfaction, it has helped reduce call agent Average Handling Time by 96%, increased in-call issue resolution rates to 84%, and enabled an 80% headcount reduction
- In service assurance, it has delivered ROI in excess of 300%, autonomously healing 98% of reported incidents and allowing a CSP to close 3 NOCs and improved service availability to 99.993%.