Transforming Service Assurance
- Automated Fault and Incident Mitigation
- Automated Testing and Diagnostics
- Automation Remediation and Testing
- Automated Routine Maintenance
- Automation Software Patching
Cortex instigates and undertakes remedial actions at a service, network, element or even port level without having to engage with technical resources. Real outcomes are achieved:
- 98% incidents automated for self-healing
- 80% responses automated for self-management
- Closure of 4 Network Operations Centres
- Journey to Zero Touch Operations
Accelerating Service Provisioning
Faster, smarter, cheaper; Intelligent Automation accelerates Service Provisioning, increases accuracy and reduces operational costs.
- Order Orchestration
- Service Design & Assign
- Service Resourcing & Activation
- Network Capacity Planning & Multi-Vendor Activation.
Disparate systems require complex rules and knowledge result in unreliable, intricate and lengthy configuration.
Vendor-specific tools and in-house favourite collection of spreadsheets are often neither formally managed nor adequately maintained.
Cortex is the Evolution of Automation for Service Provisioning:
- Manual provisioning timescales reduced by 84%
- Order Accuracy increased to 99.3%
- Increased order processing volume 233%
- Transition to Zero Touch Provisioning
Cortex enables organisations to run their operations at machine speed.
This ensures high quality, right first time, every time service delivery to both internal and external customers alike.
- Systems Access Management
- Sarbanes Oxley Auditing
- Customer Management – Billing and Invoicing
- HR Management – Joiners Movers Leavers
- IT Services
Intelligent Automation consistently apply Business & Technology Rules resulting in:
- Right first time – Reduced need for rework
- Tripled Revenue and reduced costs
- Regulatory compliance
- Journey to Zero Touch Operations
A NEW INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION APPROACH
There are already vast automation deployments within Telecommunications providers and CSPs. Typically, these have been adopted in siloed approaches. Initial focus has been on the Task layer of automation which are predominantly reliant on scripting, macros and individual RPA bots.
Intelligent Automation is the natural next generation of automation for enterprises. Intelligent Automation enables integrated analysis and decisioning for known situations to achieve truly autonomous operations, whilst proactively managing exceptions and manual interventions through powerful man-machine collaborations.
With extensive Telecommunications Domain knowledge and experience across combined with decades of automation expertise you can drive your automation initiatives with Cortex Intelligent Automation.
WHAT DOES INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION MEAN FOR NETWORK OPERATORS AND CSPs?
Telecommunication providers are consistently under pressure to reduce operating costs. A highly capital-intensive industry large infrastructure investments are made to create long term revenue streams. New technologies, innovations and competitive pressure is ever shortening the period of return for the investments made.
The cycle from 2G to 3G was relatively long enabling a full deployment of 2G before 3G was initiated. The current cycle of initiating 5G is coming before any of the 4G roll-out programs have completed. Networks are converging across, fixed, data and mobile back haul to create massive fixed multi-service networks at the Core, with Access networks at the edge for mobile, data, etc.
Intelligent Automation enables you to bring to market and revenue new, competitive services whilst maximising legacy infrastructure investments.
Revenues are being squeezed by Over-the-Top service providers as they gain revenue for media streaming, or VOIP services, that Communication infrastructure providers are obliged to carry for lower incomes. At the same time, the data volumes that these services require increases pressure on the network providers either to increase their network capacity, or to put in place more adaptive, near real-time, management of their existing capacity, or – more frequently – both. These are more costs that network operators can ill-afford.
Likewise, CSPs are attempting to mitigate threats from over-the-top providers and seek new revenue streams through IoT, Media streaming, and converged product offerings such as “Quad Play”. This increases the complexity of customer order management, tariff management, support and billing. It also increases the cost of loss, to all services, in response to poor customer service. So many CSPs are keenly focussed on their Customer Care metrics such as NPS, or CSAT.
Maximising end-to-end efficiencies at machine speed provides a way to combat this threat.
Technology evolution is also driving actions in the network providers, as they roll out 5G (initially as 5G‑NR only, but then into the complete 5G core as well) and possibly SDN/NFV based networks as well (using proprietary, vendor-supplied, or even open-source implementations). These are more complex networks which will require more complexity in their management and operations, which can easily lead to escalating costs and poor customer experiences, unless robust automation is also deployed. Customer acquisition and service provisioning processes need to be accurate, fast and reliable for all and any combinations of services that the operator offers. Intelligent Automation simplifies and standardises configuration and activation and accurately and efficiently delivers the required outcomes.
INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION OUTCOMES
- Release skilled and experienced staff to manage change and innovation.
- Take an integrated automation approach; manage existing technologies whilst filling in where gaps exist, to ensure a complete end to end management systems approach. Automated Interfacing to over 10,000s of systems.
- Automatically manage and maintain Network service performance aligned with customer demand, capacity and cost.
- Utilise TM Forum OpenAPI frameworks. Adopt the TM Forum standards to deploy intelligent automation systems easily and rapidly without compromising their existing service provisioning and service assurance operations.
- Operate smart, self-configuring, self-managing, self-healing, networks simplifying the real world of legacy, current and future technologies in a single unified solution.